Generic Name(s): Latanoprost
What is Xalatan(Latanoprost)
Xalatan (Latanoprost) is an eye drop. It is recommended to use for eye infection. Because of glaucoma, high pressure inside the eye also called open-angle type or other eye issues, for example, visual hypertension. Inside the eye, it averts visual impairment in spite of Low high pressure. To keep up lower pressure inside the eye, it works by directing the flow of fluid.
How to use Xalatan(Latanoprost) Drops
You should not use Xalatan(Latanoprost) more often, because it will not work as well. Only apply this Eye drop in the affected eye. Generally use once per day. Before using your Xalatan eye drops, if you are wearing lenses, remove them. Do not try to ring the dropper.after each use, replacing the dropper, and closing the cap tightly. Without doctors, permission does not use more or less of it or more often than a prescribed schedule.
Before taking Xalatan(Latanoprost)
At first, make sure the Xalatan eye drop is safe for you or not. Consult with your doctor if you have ever had:
- Infection in your eye or swelling
- Retinal detachment
- Eye surgery
- Damage influencing the focal point of your eye.
You may notice a gradual change in the color of your eyes. Sometimes the growth or thickness of your eyelashes is increased. These changes occur slowly. While you are taking Xalatan(Latanoprost) eye drops, at the same time if you are using any other eye drops that your doctor prescribed, you must wait at least 10 minutes.
While you are taking Xalatan(Latanoprost) eye drops, if any of the side effects occur, do not waste your time. Immediately take advice from your primary care physician or medical specialist.
Less common Sides effects of Xalatan
- Feeling of having something in the eye
- Swelling the eye
- Painful irritation of the clear front part of the eye
- Shortened of eye vision
- Eyelash discoloration
- Redness of the eye
Incidence not known
- Arm pain
- Back pain
- Chest heaviness or tightness
- Peeling, blistering or loosening of the skin
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Unusual weakness or tiredness
- Blurred vision burning, dry, or itching eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Irregular or fast racing heartbeat or pulse
- Noisy breathing
- Joint or muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Darkening of the eyelid skin color
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- Sensitivity of the eye to light
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- Other change in vision
You may notice some aftereffects. During the treatment, when your body automatically adjusts with this Xalatan eye drop. You may not need medical attention. Your medical advisor may be able to tell your condition. You should check with your primary care physician if any of the following aftereffects continue. Sometimes if you have any question in your mind regarding these symptoms:
More common aftereffects of Xalatan
- Eye pain or stinging
- Drainage from the eyes
- Longer and thicker eyelashes
For all possible side effects, this is not a complete list. One thing you should remember your doctor suggests this eye drop because he or she judges your benefit or more significant risk of side effects.
Before taking Xalatan(Latanoprost) eye drops, you should follow these steps:
- Wash your hands appropriately.
- To ensure it isn’t chipped or broke. Check the dropper tip.
- Abstain from contacting the dropper tip against your eye or whatever else;
- Must be perfect your eyedropper
- Pull down the lower top of your eye with your pointer to frame a pocket While tilting your head back,
- Then again, hold the dropper and cautiously tip down. Accept it without contacting as near the eye as could be expected under the circumstances.
- Against your face, brace the rest of the fingers of that hand.
- While turning upward, delicately press the dropper with the goal that a single drop falls into the pocket, which made by the lower eyelid. From the lower eyelid, remove your forefinger.
- For 2 or 3 minutes close your eye. On the floor, tip your head down as if looking. Do whatever it takes not to press your eyelids.
- Spot a finger on the tear pipe. Attempt to apply delicate weight.
- All over with a tissue wipe any abundance fluid.
- Before taking the next drop, you should hold up at any rate of 5 minutes at a similar time if you are to utilize more than one drop.
- On the dropper bottle supplant and fix the cap. You ought not to wipe or wash the dropper tip.
- You should wash your hands appropriately toward the conclusion to evacuate any drug.
- Wash your hands to evacuate any prescription.
- If you have an allergy to some other medication or Xalatan, you should accept therapeutic authority advice.
- Nutrients, homegrown like herbal, dietary enhancements, prescribe, or non-prescribe whatever items you are going to utilize or utilizing in the present, everything tells your Primary care Physician in detail.
- You ought to counsel with your primary care physician and accept satisfactory exhortation. If you are breastfeeding or wanting to get pregnant or as of now, you are pregnant.
- If you have any infection while using Xalatan(Latanoprost) eye drop accept counsel from your essential consideration doctor or pharmacist.
Recommended: How To Use LUMIGAN (BIMATOPROST) FOR Eye Infection
Without your doctor’s permission, you should not begin any other medicine even if you do not stop or change the doses. Make a list of all the possible products which you use. It can be a prescription or it can be non-prescription.
In your eye Xalatan(Latanoprost) can cause the formation of solid substances.so when you use other eye drops which hold thimerosal, Xalatan cannot be used at that time.
- When you miss a dose, take your missed portion as soon as you remember.
- Always skip the missed portion if it is close to the hour of the following dose.
- Do not double the dose to catch up.
- At the regular time use your next dose.
Store between, 36-77 degrees F (2-25 degrees C).
Avoid dampness and light.
Do not store in the washroom.
Make adequate distance from pets and kids.
Do not flush prescriptions down the latrine.
The New York pharmacy provides only general information. It does not cover all possible directions, side-effects, interactions, or precautions of medicine. All content of this site, including images, text, and information, is not implied, or it has no intended to be an alternative for the professional pharmacist.
The New York pharmacy disclaims the reliability of all the information and mistakes it could contain. It is relating to various types of medical conditions, treatment, and drug interactions. Such information is provided only for informational purposes. All content of this site, including images, text, and information, is not implied, or it has no intended to be an alternative for the professional pharmacist. The patient should always consult with a doctor or medical specialist for medical information or healthcare or other issues. We are not accountable for any direct or indirect harm because of any utilization of the information on this site, furthermore, for results of self-treatment.